December 28, 2021
pSeven 6.29 Release
DATADVANCE development team announces the release of pSeven 6.29, a new version of our flagship platform for data analysis and optimization. Read on for more information on the release below.
Batch mode support in Adaptive design
- The Adaptive design technique in the Design space exploration block can be configured to generate new points in batches, which enables more efficient usage of computational resources in workflows where response blackboxes support concurrent (parallel) evaluations. To switch Adaptive design to batch mode, set the Computational scalability option in technique configuration. Note that the Batch mode run option should also be enabled, otherwise the block will split every batch and output it as a sequence.
Updates and Changes
- Improved data preview:
- The block now displays a note if the data from input file is read as strings.
- String values in preview are displayed in double quotes to avoid confusion of numeric strings and real-numbered values.
- In scripts that run in an external Python interpreter, you can now import and use pSeven Core modules embedded with pSeven, which does not require additional installation of pSeven Core or any extra configuration.
- Missing values are now denoted instead of to avoid confusion with the value in Python. Note that value editors also recognize but no longer recognize — if you input a missing value manually, type
- 32-bit external Python interpreters are no longer supported. This limitation was required to support pSeven Core in external interpreters, which is deemed more important than keeping the 32-bit support.
pSeven 6.29 also includes other updates, changes and bugfixes — please see the release changelog for a full list. You can also contact us to get more information and pSeven updates.