March 20, 2013
MACROS 1.9 Release Highlights
1.9.0 is the next major release of MACROS for Python. Compared to 1.8.0, it features a number of updates and improvements:
- In addition to Generic Tools modules, MACROS for Python package will now include derived tools for specific tasks - the MACROS for Python Extras. Two of them added in the upcoming release are Mixture of Approximators module (approximation based on space partitioning) and Design Master for response surface models.
- GTApprox pre- and postprocessing functionality was expanded, and existing implementation was refined to provide better recommendations.
- The dynamic smoothing feature of GTApprox models will be completely replaced by a static smoothing method, more convenient and easy to use.
- GTApprox adds a new version of the GP and HDAGP techniques (based on Gaussian Processes) special for processing input samples with heteroscedastic noise variance.
- GTApprox model export to C will support exporting models built using the Splines with Tension (SPLT) technique and exporting model gradient and accuracy evaluation features if they are available in the model.
- GTOpt will let user to perform global anchor point search for multi-objective optimization problems.
- GTIVE has undergone a significant redesign of internal algorithms, increasing the accuracy of results. Also, a new sample-based technique (SMBFAST) is added.
Detailed info on this update shall be found in the 1.9.0 changelog.
MACROS for Python 1.9.0 is scheduled for release on April 1.
Please contact us for more information or to get new MACROS versions!