November 22, 2017
pSeven 6.12 Release
DATADVANCE development team is excited to announce the immediate availability of pSeven 6.12, a new version of the design space exploration platform for every expertise.
This release is a great leap forward in the 6.x series with its powerful new features, a number of significant enhancements and capabilities catering for the diverse needs of engineers and analytical experts.
Here's a brief summary of major updates:
- Reinvented Design of Experiments block featuring a new adaptive design technique. The block generates data samples with specific properties and allows evaluating responses on generated designs. It replaces an old DoE block and offers pSeven Platform users an opportunity to configure their specific tasks easier. The examples of the old DoE block's use-cases have been updated, respectively.
- Introduced a brand new Approximation model block intended to evaluate approximation models built by the ApproxBuilder block and the Predictive Modeling Toolkit and seamlessly integrate the models into workflows. Some of its noteworthy features are as follows: the block automatically creates ports for each model input and output, enables to manually configure model variables (inputs) and responses (outputs) and shows useful information about the model when it is loaded. It replaces an old ApproxPlayer block which is now placed under the Legacy tag in the Block library. Read this Tech Tip for details.
- This release also brings some enhancements to make the platform work up to 10x times faster. Namely, we speeded up:
- Building of approximation models in the ApproxBuilder block and Model Builder.
- Performance of Model details dialog for models with a large number of inputs and outputs.
- Performance of big files on Preview and Results tab in 'Import data from file' dialog. We disabled auto refresh for the current tab if the time to wait for a response was more than 10 seconds.
- Import of big files in the Excel block due to optimization of the block's architecture.
- Besides, we significantly reduced model reloading time in the Model Explorer.
- This version also has some usability improvements aiming to delight our customers. The topical issues here include:
- Maximization of objective functions in Optimizer which makes using additional blocks like Formula or PythonScript unnecessary:
- Extrapolation of approximation model predictions in Model Explorer. Combined with accuracy estimation, it provides more insight into approximation model behavior.
- Support of network paths: now projects, workflows and reports can be opened from and saved to network folders; blocks also support opening of files from network folders.
- Other minor innovations in 6.12 are
- Ability to set prefixes for generated data series in Make predictions dialog; also, now it shows actual input/output names taken from the model description.
- Ability to partially set output noise variance in the Model Builder.
- KaTeX formulas support in Text viewer widget and annotations:
- Custom decimal delimiter support in the Text block.
- 'Run workflow' button enabled on the Edit screen:
- User selection of sources in the run log enabled to be stored between runs.
- New examples of PTC Mathcad, COMSOL and MATLAB integration.
- Updated Program block documents to illustrate the block's configuration and typical use-cases.
In this release, we also fixed some bugs to improve customer overall experience with the product. Our development team is sure that you will benefit greatly from this update. For a detailed list of features and enhancements, please see the release changelog. You can also contact us to receive more information and pSeven updates.
Stay tuned for the upcoming news and keep an eye out for future releases!