July 17, 2015
pSeven 6.0 Release
DATADVANCE development team is pleased to announce the release of pSeven 6.0, a new stable version of our data analysis and design space exploration platform.
This release brings many functionality and usability improvements. Most notable updates are listed below; see also the pSeven Release Notes for additional details.
- pSeven now provides native support for 64-bit Windows editions. A stable 64-bit version of pSeven for Windows is available for download.
- pSeven 6.0 includes new advanced examples solving real-world problems. These projects provide examples of integrating with such engineering applications as SolidWorks and ANSYS, using pSeven for thorough problem analysis, and demonstrate other core capabilities of pSeven. To make studying the examples easier, pSeven 6.0 provides new example browser and detailed project descriptions which are available right after opening the project.
- Updated user manual includes many new tutorials, from basic to advanced ones, as well as more general information sections explaining the common concepts in pSeven.
- A major update in post-processing, the new sample viewer tool first made available in pSeven 6.0 RC 1. The current release provides several usability updates to the sample viewers and fixes various bugs from the preview version.
- Updated optimization algorithms in std.Optimizer are now capable to deal with cusp-like singularities in objective and constraint functions (codimension-one discontinuities of first derivatives). In particular, this can result in better performance when solving problems like structural optimization, where cusp singularities are common.
- std.Optimizer also provides option presets that allow to quickly configure the block for solving a specific kind of problem: analytical problems, smooth or noisy problems, and so on.
- Final version of the std.Text block, a new and improved integration block replacing std.TextGenerator and std.TextParser. This block supports more template operations and improves the quick selection mode with smarter heuristics and a more convenient interface.
- Final version of the Siemens NX integration block std.NX with Linux support, added export formats and other updates.
pSeven 6.0 also includes numerous bugfixes and stability improvements. For a detailed list of updates, please see the release changelog. You can also contact us to receive more information and pSeven updates!