December 25, 2012
MACROS 1.8 Released
DATADVANCE development team is pleased to announce the release of MACROS 1.8.
This release brings many new features, performance and stability improvements. A brief summary of new features is given below.
- Added surrogate model export to plain old C, Octave and MEX: constructed surrogate model can now be used completely without MACROS.
- Added new approximation technique - Response Surface Model.
- Added pre- and postprocessing capabilities which assists user to configure the tool to get the most accurate model using given data and to improve constructed surrogate model.
- Significantly enhanced quality of approximation of noisy functions with Gaussian Process technique.
- Added an optional parameter to specify the variance of response values in the training sample.
- Added response noise variance information to the internal validation output.
- Added method to calculate accuracy evaluation gradients.
- Fixed the strong dependency of internal validation results on the random seed.
- Implemented new internal solver algorithm (Sequential Quadratic Constraints Quadratic Programming) which further reduces the number of objective functions and constraints evaluations.
- Added Surrogate Based Optimization strategy.
- Added new globalization strategy based on lightweight version of Surrogate Based Optimization.
- Implemented batch mode which allows to evaluate objective functions and constraints in multiple design points simultaneously.
- Added Adaptive Design of Experiments technique based on Gaussian Processes.
- Added Optimal Design technique.
- Improved the support for non-English system locales.
- Added new usage examples.
- Regression tests results and details included into documentation.
Please contact us for more information or to get new MACROS versions!